14 thoughts on “D107 – Fox

    1. We were able to tell how much bacteria was still left by using a spectrophotometer, which ran light through the solution. Since the color was really dark, less light passed through the solution, indicating more bacteria than there may have been.

  1. Why did you hypothesize that these two compounds from the mushroom can treat salmonella based on its usage against cancer cells? is there a correlation between the two?

    1. Since killing cancer cells involves disrupting the life cycle of a cell in some way, we thought it would be reasonable to assume that a compound that can kill/stop the growth of cancer can also kill/stop the growth of other bacteria.

  2. Do you think that if you had more time to work will different concentrations, the results would have been different? If so, how?

    1. I think so!! In creating the solution for Pleuromutilin, we used all of the (tiny) amount we had. Considering how effective it was at a low dose, I think it might still be effective with an even lower dose!

    1. We were given them randomly at the end of the semester, so we didn’t have time to research them super thoroughly. But, we find out that Pleuromutilin is a known antibiotic!

    1. I think so, using mice is just an idea! There are still many tests that could be done in a tube, such as testing the toxicity of the compound!

    1. We received the two compounds pretty late in the semester, with only a few days left to test them, so we didn’t have a lot of time to research them. We did find out that Pleuromutilin is a known antibiotic!

    1. We used food coloring! It’s really weird that the dye had such a drastic impact, I’d love to study that more!

Leave a Reply