11 thoughts on “D1C – Naeemy

  1. You said that you would like to repeat the experiment for accuracy. However, 5% is well below the 14% limit, would you really expect this much change in your results?

    1. Being able to get more data would help identify any errors in the data with the compound, so I believe that the results may differ with further research. Then, we can identify whether or not the data was significant.

  2. Given that the amount of Harringtonin was significantly limited, had you had the correct amount would you have expected to see a higher hit rate? Are the implications more positive given that you did find that the addition of H and AA in conjunction with radiation was more effective?

    1. So, in order to identify a possible hit, the present survival has to be at least two standard deviations below the mean of the negative control (DMSO). So, because the percent survival was below the mean of the negative control (14.05%), the compound could be a potential hit. Because we received our compound AA a bit late, we were unable to set up experimental vials for that day, so if we had the compound sooner, we might’ve been able have more data. So, I believe we did have the correct amount, but we didn’t have enough time to conduct further research on the compound.

    1. Some errors would be using too much food, meaning there was not an equal distribution of of the compound in the vial, leading to different effects in the drosophila.

    1. AA is actually a CDK4 inhibitor, in which it contributes to the G1- S phase of the cell cycle!

    1. I think that we could’ve added the two compounds together and apply the radiation as well, to see what effects it might have on the drosophila overall.

    2. I think we could’ve added the two compounds together in combination to radiation, to observe the overall effects that the compounds have on the drosophila.

Leave a Reply